Monday, June 26, 2017

Flower Shaped Tags!

Hello everyone and welcome back!! I'm here to start your week off with a bit of a different project for my Studio Katia.  I decided to make some shaped tags (could be used as cards too, I suppose)!  This idea came to me as I was drifting off to sleep on Saturday night...does that happen to anyone else?  Just random craft thoughts pop into your head at any given time??

I used the large flower image from the Thank You So Much stamp set. Instead of stamping the image the right way and then colouring it, I used the back side of the side first (so instead of inking the lined image side, I inked the flat, back side of the stamp).


This is Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink spritzed about 4 times with water.  After pressing the stamp onto watercolour paper, this is the result:


When you lift the Misti door, the water and ink will pool in one spot, giving you a different look every time!  I stamped 3 more flowers using Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers and Spiced Marmalade.  After the images were dry, I flipped the stamp right way up.  Because the first layer is the mirror image of the actual stamp, it took some time to figure out good placement.  But because the flat side of the stamp is actually larger, the lined image fit well!

I inked of the stamp with Versamark Ink and used different embossing powders on each one.


Next, I die cut each of the flowers along with 4 pieces of ivory cardstock with the co-ordinating die.  On the ivory piece, I scored about 1/2 inch from the top and applied some Scor-Tape.  This will create the back of the tag.


This is everything adhered together:


I used a regular hole punch to make holes in the top of the flowers for some ribbon to go.  For the sentiments, I used some of the fabulous word dies that are available in the shop!  I die cut the "thank you" from the Thank You So Much Dies, and both the "hello" and " lovely" come from the new You're So Ranunculus dies.  All of these were cut out with the same ivory cardstock.

I used Multi Matte Medium to adhere the die cuts onto each tag, looped some ribbon through the holes and the tags were almost done!!  For embellishments, I used some large and small clear round dots from the Mixed Pack.  And across each sentiment, I brushed some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle.






Once I stamped one, I had to keep going and make a few different ones!  These were really easy to make and I love the variation of colour you get using the wet stamp!!

Thank you so much for joining me today!  I hope you all have a fabulous week!!

See you soon!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...